What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Balsamic Marinated Vegetables

Ingredients:
Vegetables:
1 1/2 c. uncooked broccoli, seperated into florets
1 1/2 c. uncooked cauliflower, seperated into florets
1 medium zucchini, sliced
12 baby carrots, sliced
1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin and seperated into rings

Balsamic Dressing:
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar, plus
2 T. balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. finely snipped fresh parsley
2 T. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 t. black pepper
salt

Recipe:
1. Combine the vegetables in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
2. Mix dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables.
3. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Cooking time reflects time to marinate vegetables.

Notes:
I used purple onion, broccoli, baby carrots, red peppers, and cucumber instead of the veggies they suggested. I also ended up making more sauce/marinade than they called for. I had more veggies than they asked when I was done chopping, and the marinade seems pretty skimpy when you just do the amount they call for, so i doubled the water and tripled the vinegar and oil and garlic, and just shook in a bunch of pepper. i didn't have any parsley so i left it out. I think it's pretty flexible so do what you want!

Rating: TBD
This one looked really good, however, I didn't try it because I've learned, through the recipes on this blog, that I really don't like the balsamic flavor. I'm sure it was delicious for those who like that flavor though!
Source: Julia Axtell, adapted from food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment