What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Best Brownies

Ingredients:
Brownie batter:
1/2 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder

Frosting:
3 T. butter, softened
3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T. honey
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. confectioners' sugar

Recipe:
Brownies:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 c. butter. Remove from heat and stir in 1 c. white cugar, eggs, and 1 t. vanilla.
3. Beat in 1/3 c. cocoa, 1/2 c. flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Do not overbake.

Frosting:
1. Combine 3 T. butter, 3 T. cocoa, honey, 1 t. vanilla, and confectioners' sugar.
2. Frost brownies while still warm.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
LaDon and I have slightly different brownie likes. I like my inside a little gooey, he likes his a little more solid. So, the fact that we both thought it was a 3.5 is a pretty good sign that this is a good recipe. It's a pretty rich brownie mix, especially with the frosting on it. I liked the overall end result as it was a fairly gooey inside. It would be amazing with vanilla ice cream. For sure. The frosting is a little bit of a different story. It was super tasty, but it's texture was more like....fondant. I think I would alter it by decreasing the cocoa and powdered sugar or adding some milk to the recipe as it is. The frosting is a little difficult to spread on the brownies, but it did melt on top so I guess it didn't really matter too much??

Source: AllRecipes, pg. 341

No comments:

Post a Comment