What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Ingredients:
Dressing:
3/4 c. strawberry jam
1 t. salt
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 t. dry mustard
3/4 c. canola oil
1/2 c. red wine vinegar

Salad:
Spinach
green onions, sliced
fried wontons (you can buy uncooked wontons at the store and then just fry them in canola oil)
chopped mushrooms (optional)
sliced strawberries
chopped nuts (I like to use macadamia nuts or almonds)

Recipe:
1. Mix the dressing ingredients together in a blender, food processor, or with a whisk.
2. Place spinach in a bowl. Layer the remaining ingredients.
3. If serving the whole salad with the dressing, put on just before serving.

Rating: TBD
We do a cooking group in our ward twice a month, and honestly, I can't remember the specifics about all the salads I had that night. They were all oh-so-good! I'll have to make this one and then rate it.

Source: Stephanie Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment